Thursday, June 6, 2013

Finders Keepers or Another Man's Trash....

Finders Keepers

It started with a need to be frugal and hasn't yet ended. I have found that not only is using things you find or reclaim cost efficient it is creative and usually gives a unique or unpredictable look to your garden and yard. Because you don't know when you will find something you can use your garden becomes a never ending canvas mural. Below you will see some of the things I found and converted to useful and sometimes very attractive features in our yard and garden. I have a favorite motto "Free is cheap" and "I'll buy that for a dollar." My partner Serial tiller Pat shares my love of a good find and will be constructing a greenhouse from free windows she found on "Craig's List". I too found free windows today and I am hoping Pat and my husband will collaborate on designs and create wonderful greenhouses for both of us. Of course I haven't told them this yet. I digress. Lets get to the meat of the subject. The items above were free for the taking so I did. The pond is in progress and all the big and medium sized rocks have sentimental value. They represent camping and hiking trips where we waded or hiked our way back to center so to speak. Some we acquired on the way to events like fairs and some are special because of how we got them. Not one was purchased. Even the river rock was donated to us by our neighbors. When we look at them it reminds us of our journey and the people in it who made it or are making it special. Yup if you haven't figured it out by now...I'm the corny sappy one. I hope I have inspired you to collect and use items you find in your garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment